Become a Board Member
NISA is currently recruiting new members to our Board of Directors! Do you have a passion for social issues? Have you, a family member or friend been personally affected by mental health challenges? Do you want to make a difference in the lives of those living with mental illness? If so, our board could be a great opportunity for you.
We are currently looking for board members with experiences in financial management and human resources.
As you consider this opportunity, please familiarize yourself with these expectations:
As a Board Member
1. I will interpret the organization’s work and values to the community, and promote the organization.
2. I will attend at least 75% of board meetings (held monthly at 5pm on the second Thursday of each month), committee meetings, and special events. If I cannot attend, I will make sure that I inform the Executive Director before the meeting.
3. I will actively participate in one or more fundraising activities per year.
4. I will actively participate in one or more standing committees per year.
5. I will act in the best interests of the organization, and excuse myself from discussions and votes where I have a conflict of interest.
6. I will be accountable to the major legal responsibilities of serving on a board, including and especially the fiduciary role.
7. I will stay informed about what’s going on in the organization. I will ask questions and request information. I will participate in and take responsibility for making decisions on issues, policies and other board matters.
8. I will work in good faith with staff and other board members as partners towards achievement of our goals.
Current Board of Directors
- Jackie Balleny, President
- Nina Muzzin, Secretary
- Jason Plewes, Director
- Arvind Jagessar, Director
- Moira Ferguson, Director
- Jan Buley, Director
- Chris Cosby, Director
- Katrina Pisani, Director
Thinking about becoming a Board Member at NISA? Want to know more about the functions, roles and responsibilities?
View and share our recruitment poster here.